Coyle confirmed last Friday that a fee - believed to be in the region of ?7million - had been agreed with Chelsea for Trotters defender Cahill and talks have been ongoing with a view to completing the 26-year-old's proposed move to Stamford Bridge.
And asked whether Cahill was in his plans for the match at Goodison Park, Coyle said: "Absolutely."
He added: "The games have come thick and fast and I would imagine that has restricted people in terms of getting around a table and having dialogue with regard to Gary's representatives and Chelsea - they played again [on Monday].
"So where we are is as I have said before - we agreed a fee between the clubs and it is now up to Chelsea and Gary's representatives to conclude that, or not.
"I think there has only been one meeting on that. The other day Gary prepared and then played at a very high level and will continue to do that - he is an outstanding young man. Whatever comes, we will deal with the situation when it arises."
Following Coyle's admission on Friday, Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas said that the parties were "miles apart regarding agreement with the player", and on Saturday, after naming Cahill as his skipper for the 1-1 draw with Wolves, Coyle stressed that there had only been one meeting between the London club and the England international's representatives.
When quizzed on the matter on Tuesday, Coyle said that was still the case as far as he knew, and indicated that until anything changed, the player - who was at Bolton's Euxton training ground this morning - would continue to be considered for selection as normal.
Coyle has been keen to emphasise that it is nothing new to Cahill to be the subject of transfer speculation, and added: "Gary is a Bolton player until that changes, so it is one of those ones - what do you do? You could not play him for a month, and then nothing might happen.
"The bottom line is that Gary always has coped with endless speculation, certainly in every transfer window since I've been here, and he is so focused on his football."